- Increased voter participation
- Greater choice for voters
- A more open process
- New Website Seeks Overhaul of Utah Caucus and Convention System
- Utah needs nonpartisan primaries
- We need real primaries in Utah
- Time to get rid of caucuses
Salt Lake Tribune
What is a Nonpartisan Blanket Primary?A nonpartisan blanket primary is a primary where all candidates from all party preferences (including candidates with no party preference) appear on the same primary ballot, and all voters vote in the same primary. Candidates advance to the general election by clearing a pre-determined threshold, regardless of party affiliation.
What is IRV?
IRV stands for instant runoff voting. The process and system operates as though multiple rounds of balloting were used to arrive at a majority winner, but it is all done in one election, by letting the voters rank the candidates in order of the voterís preference